Thursday, September 23, 2010

Firo - Tender Grain


Artist: Firo
Album: Tender Grain
Genre: Electronic, often a bit jazzy

This is one of those albums I wasn't sure if I'd end up posting. After many a listen, I've decided that this album is in fact brilliant enough to post here. Since you've doubtless not heard of Firo, it's a solo project from Japan. Luckily, it falls free of all the conventions I know of from Japan. Much as its name implies, Tender Grain is a bit tender and also downright minimalistic at times. From the upbeat 'Silver Lining', to the music box-like tune of 'Nilonio', Tender Days is an all-around enjoyable electronic album with plenty of replay value.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a decent song from this album on vimeo or youtube, so here's a myspace link:
http://www.myspace.com/firofiro

No comments:

Post a Comment